Wednesday, September 24, 2008

CD Design-Kurt


Drum and Bass (commonly abbreviated to d&b, DnB, dnb, d'n'b, drum n bass, drum & bass) is a type of electronic dance music also known as jungle which emerged in the late 1980s.
The genre is characterised by fast tempo broken beats (generally between 160–180 bpms).This is a very high energy style of music, and to my ears the sound is futuristic.
The music i am choosing will be a dj mix of my all time favorite tracks from Artists such as Andy C, Ram Trilogy, Aphrodite, Dillinger, EZ Rollers, Krust, Dj Zinc, Matrix, London Electricity and Ed Rush and Optical to name a few.

For the Artwork I will be taking influence from futuristic scenes, robotics, cyborgs, Ninja"s and combining abstract forms and backrounds to create graphic images. The color pallet will be definately dark and minimal.
Typographically depending on how strong my images are I have a select few typefaces in mind that are as stealth as a cybotic ninja for the title of the artist.

I really like the idea of opening a cd booklet and the whole cover becomes a poster so i,m thinking that I will use this paper folding technique inside of a Digipack case.

No comments: